There are two ways to ship your products worldwide: by sea or air. Sea transportation comes to your aid, which is profitable compared to air delivery. You benefit from many benefits by shipping your products in freight containers. Of course, this saves money.
In the shipping industry, goods require proper packaging to ensure the safety and protection of goods on the ship and during transport to their destination. Therefore, this means that shipping containers must be strong, withstand the shipping process, be safe storage, and allow for handling. Different containers range from the material they are made from to the brand developed.
Types of shipping containers.
In the first category, you focus on the material for which there are all kinds of freight containers;
- Wooden containers are wooden boxes used for heavy products such as weapons. An example of such containers are boxes used by various government military services.
- Containers from corrugated cardboard boxes; are fibreboards that have been corrugated to create a lighter, more economical transport device and are generally preferred for their reusability.
- Metal or steel are common cargo containers transported by road, rail, air, and sea. These are the largest standard SCF shipping containers in the world, and this is due to their great durability and ease of use.
- Plastic containers are also widely used to transport materials such as liquid products or corrosive substances to wood and metal devices.
Container types based on layout.
- Flat rack containers are open containers typically around 20 feet in size and have drop sides to accommodate large loads.
- General purpose dry storage type is used for shipping and storing dry goods. They come in various sizes like the rest of the containers but are typically 20′ and 40′ long.
- Top or side open container, as the name suggests, the top lid can be easily opened to make more space at the top, and the other has doors on both sides. They are used to transport bulky goods and can be used to transport perishable goods as the holes can act as ventilation.
- Tank containers are made in the form of units of various sizes and are used to transport liquid and gaseous products. These containers are made of stainless steel for safety reasons.
- Half height containers are usually made of steel and are half the size of a standard bulk container. They are designed to transport goods such as bricks and coal, allowing faster loading and unloading.
- Temperature controlled containers; These are refrigerated or isothermal, having modifications that regulate atmospheric factors inside, and are widely used for long-distance transportation of perishable goods.
The best shipping containers have passed the certification requirements, and depending on the goods being transported; the right decision needs to be made. The entire shipping process is only appreciated if the proper containers are used.